This page has an accessible alternative.
UK weather warnings
Find a forecast
Please choose your location from the nearest places to :
Use my current location
We are experiencing issues. These warnings may be out of date.
Yellow weather warning
Warning details for UK
TEST SCENARIO - NOT FOR OPERATIONAL USE. IW
What to expect
- A few homes and businesses flooded
- Bus and train services affected with journey times taking longer
- Spray and flooding on roads will make journey times longer
- Some interruption to power supplies and other services
Warning impact matrix
Regions and local authorities affected:
- Blaenau Gwent
- Merthyr Tydfil
- Neath Port Talbot
- Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Vale of Glamorgan
What do the warning colours mean?
- Dangerous weather is expected and, if you have not done so already, you should take action now to keep yourself and others safe from the impact of the severe weather.
- It is very likely that there will be a risk to life, with substantial disruption to travel, energy supplies and possibly widespread damage to property and infrastructure.
- There is an increased likelihood of impacts from severe weather, which could potentially disrupt your plans.
- This means there is the possibility of travel delays, road and rail closures, power cuts and the potential risk to life and property.
- Yellow warnings can be issued for a range of weather situations.
- It is important to read the content of yellow warnings to determine which weather situation is being covered by the warning.